Thursday, July 1, 2010

Double Happiness!

The past few days have been extra difficult waiting, so I've been wearing this special necklace for strength, courage and good luck!  I received it from the Nelsons - they bought it in China and it means "Double Happiness". 

We are certainly feeling double happiness today!  The HCG beta test (pregnancy blood test) was this morning and it was POSITIVE!  The levels need to be over 100 and my levels were 222!  I think it would be higher if there were twins, but we won't know for sure until the viability ultrasound in 2-3 weeks.  We so appreciate all of our friends and family's support, positive thoughts, vibes and prayers!  Keep them coming for a nice healthy pregnancy and baby (babies)!  We are just thrilled! I just cannot contain my excitement!

This morning was so tough though!  We went in for the test at 8:15 am and we had to wait 30 min to just take my blood.  They said they would call in about 2 hours, maybe 3, so we went to breakfast and were hoping to hear before noon.  They didn't call until 1 pm!  We were going crazy and trying to keep ourselves occupied!  Lexi the nurse was great...she asked if we had cheated and taken a home test and I said "no" and then she said "well, congratulations you two, the test was positive!".  Then she told me that I needed to make an appointment for the ultrasound between July 16th and 21st when I would be 7 weeks along.  I was totally shaking as I was writing it all down.  When we got off the phone, Clay and I just hugged and kissed for so long!  It has been a long road to get here!  Now we are facing a new and strange road, but we are excited to see what will be down there!  Kind of ironic that today is the start of the 2nd half of 2010!

I just want to tell everyone and shout it from the rooftops, but I'm also really nervous because these next few weeks are such a sensitive time.  Even though I'm publishing the news here, please try to keep it a bit quiet until the ultrasound.  We've been able to talk to or get the message out to most of our immediate family and best friends.  I loved making everyone cry tears of happiness!  Double happiness! 

We feel so incredibly blessed today for our growing apple seed sized embryo(s), but also such wonderful friends and family! Love you all!

6 comments:

  1. AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just what I hoped it would be! ASH! I'm so happy for you and Clay! YAY!

    I'm sending every ounce of good pregnancy/baby dust your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it, I knew it!!!!!! you guys believed in your Joey(s)and look! Voilá! I am thrilled, brought to tears by the happiness of these awesome news... I am so proud of you both, for always believing, you guys are so blessed...

    all my love to you both... I'm going to be an Auntie, yay!!! Milo and I will come visit... I really want to hug you... you have no idea how happy I am right now... this is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful news! Hope all continues to go well. Love to you and Clay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ashley I am so happy for you and Clay and so glad you didn't give up I know what you had to go through was so not easy but the results are a blessing and I can't wait to meet the little one...or ones hehehe! If you do end up with twins it is the best thing ever I wouldn't trade my boys for the world.
    Anyways I love ya and I am so excited for you keep me posted on your ultrasound I can't wait to hear how baby or babies are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ash and Clay - we could not be more thrilled for the two of you! We will continue to send good vibes your way!

    Cannot wait to see you soon to give you a BIG hug!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley & Clay,

    I know we have been emailing but I want you both to know that we are so excited for you and praying for a healthy baby or babies! we love you both and can't wait to meet your little bundle of joy!!!

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOOX

    Kelly, Nick and Kate~

    ReplyDelete