Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Update

Well, I guess I better post an update, though the message is not going to be what we wanted. We've known since Sunday, October 18th that we weren't pregnant this time. I haven't felt like posting the news because then it makes it more real.

This past week has been a whirlwind of emotions! I've definitely been sad, but I've also been angry too. Why is this so easy for some and not for us? Is there something the doctors did wrong? Have they missed the important piece to our puzzle? Was there something that could have been tested ahead of time so we didn't have to go through all of this time, effort, pain, emotions and money for nothing? All in all, we just want them to tell us they have learned something that will help us be more successful the next time. I'm now just anxious to move to the next step. It is so hard waiting! We both feel like we're waiting for a new chapter of our lives to start, but we just don't know when. It is very difficult being patient.

So, everyone asks...what next? Well, we wait until the doctors put together a report of the process and recommendations for the future. Then we wait some more to meet for a post IVF consultation to make a plan. I went to see a new OBGYN and he suggested that I get a mammogram now that I know I'm not pregnant, so I have that scheduled. I'm also going to have a polyp and septum removed from my uterus. These were 2 things they found in ultrasounds and though they don't think that is why I haven't gotten pregnant, they could potentially cause a miscarriage. So, since I have to wait at least 2 cycles to start IVF again...I might as well! Hopefully I can have that done and be recovered in time to start everything over in Dec/Jan time period, if that is what they recommend. So, we'll see. That's it for now. Thanks to everyone for their love and support!

4 comments:

  1. Ashley,
    I am so sorry to hear the news love you guys and just try to hang in there. Also keep us updated on what you find out with the dr. on what they think happend.
    Love ya
    Mickele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, Ash. I think you're right to just take care of the other things while you're waiting. Still.. I'm so sorry. Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ash, so sorry to hear! Hang in there! I have faith that things will all turn out in the end. It must be very frustrating....take good care of yourself!! Love, Nance x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley..
    I love you guys! And I have a feeling that the say "GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT" is going to be the case with you and Clay! I know 2010 has a lot of good things in store for you both! I hope your next procedures go well so you will be ready to go for the next round! I love ya and you know I am always here for you!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete