Saturday, June 5, 2010

We're smack dab in the middle of Round 2!

I have no excuse... I should have updated earlier.  Regardless, here we are...

We are currently at Day 5 of the stimulation injections for Round 2 of IVF.  I am using Gonal F instead of Follistim and no Lupron for me this time.  I took Estrace pills after ovulation in my last cycle.  The nurse said Estrace keeps all my follicles growing at the same pace.  This is the goal for this go-around.  I went in for an ultrasound yesterday morning and Dr. Peterson saw about 14 follicles around a size 7.  I'll go in again on Monday morning for another ultrasound.  When the follicles are a size 13, I'll take a one-dose shot of Cetrotide, which helps keep my normal hormones suppressed so I don't ovulate on my own.  Of course, this is all my understanding of this whole process, which could be off a little.

So, I'll know a bit more on Monday, but the tentative plan now is that I'll be having my retrieval on Thursday, Friday or Saturday.  The transfer could be 3-5 days afterwards, depending on how the embryos are developing.  I'm keeping my hopes up that there will be a number of excellent embryos so we can freeze them and I don't have to go through the harvesting part again!

Thursday was our 4th Anniversary and we had a nice dinner at the Tin Angel Cafe downtown.  I highly recommend it, quite delicious and they support local business and farmers.  It was a great night and we were finally able to sit outside on the patio after a very cool spring here in Salt Lake.  Clay wrote me a very nice card.  He knows I've been quite a bit more nervous this time.  I guess that it is understandable.  I'm trying to not worry too much and keep thinking positively.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley,

    Please know that Nick and I are thinking of you and Clay during this time and process! We love ya to death! If you EVER need anything please let us know! We are hoping for a very successful IVF this time!! XOXOXO

    Love you tons!
    Kells~

    ReplyDelete