So, the last time we did IVF, I went in for the retrieval on Day 11. This time, it should be on Day 14 (Monday). My follicles are growing steadily, but definitely more slowly than the last time. I was told today that the Estrace I took after ovulation on my last cycle slows the follicle growth down. I've had to order 2 more days of Repronex and luckily I have enough Gonal F for 12 days. I had my estrogen level take today and it was 1400. I was told that number is perfect for this time in the cycle. So, we will go in for another ultrasound tomorrow, just to make sure everything still looks good and I should take the HCG shot in the evening, 36 hours prior to the retrieval.
I'm starting to really feel the growth in my ovaries now. My abdomen feels very full and bloated. The left ovary is much larger than the right, with 3 times as many follicles. They are ranging between size 10 and 22. The 2 follicles at size 22 may be too large at the retrieval, but it is worth sacrificing those 2 for many more that still need a bit more growth. It is a fine balance between days into the cycle, size of the follicles and hormone levels. They are watching me very carefully right now to make sure the ovaries are not hyperstimulated. If that happens, we wouldn't do the retrieval because the follicles would be too mature. They can tell this by my estrogen levels. I was relieved to hear that everything was okay today.
So, I'll update tomorrow if anything changes. Otherwise, I'll wait until Monday or Tuesday when we find out how many eggs we were able to retrieve. All 3 doctors have commented on my beautiful uterus! :o) We just need a little joey or two to find it so nice that they want to spend 9 months in there growing healthily! Keep your good vibes coming our way!
Friday, June 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment