Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Week 2

So, everything is going well. No side effects from the Lupron at all. I've been giving myself all my shots at 7 am each morning. Clay is glad that he doesn't have to get up early with me. It really hasn't been too bad at all. It's strange, I'm almost excited to get the shot... it's like I'm one step closer to the ideal end result... a healthy little Joey!

We went in for an ultrasound this morning so the doctor could look at my ovaries and determine the correct dosage of the stimulating drugs. He said that my ovaries are "dainty". Although I loved being called "dainty", it's not exactly a compliment in this situation. So, the doctor is going to have me take a higher dosage of the Follistim. We ordered all of the rest of the drugs that we'll need. They will arrive tomorrow, but we don't start taking them until next Monday. I'll then be taking 3 shots (Lupron, Follistim and Repronex) until the retrieval. The nurse said the Repronex is going to be painful and I'll have welts at the injection sites. It is also one medication that I have to mix every day. Fun! The Follistim is easy... it comes in a pen to make the injection easier and the dosage more exact. Clay will start taking an antibiotic (Doxycycline) on Monday as well. He'll take that until the day of the fertilization.

We are leaving for Oregon tomorrow and will enjoy the last few days before we really get into it. We are looking forward to the trip with Mom and Craig to see the U of U play the Oregon Ducks! We'll get a little golfing in and a trip to the coast one day! GO UTES!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley,

    We are so excited for you. It's fun following along with your journey. Kathy & David

    ReplyDelete