Well, I'm home from the retrieval. Everything went well, despite the nurse having to try 3 times for my IV line! Ugh! It's a good thing I'm not too sensitive to needles. I am definitely sore and crampy right now, but I'm not as tired as I remembered from the last time. I'm sure I'll take a nap later, but now I'm going to catch up on some TV shows and maybe a chick flick or two! Clay made me a wonderful breakfast of a bagel and fruit. (I read pineapple is very good food for implantation)
So...good news! I was completely asleep, but Clay said Dr. Hammoud came in after meeting with the embryologist and reported there were 11 eggs retrieved. There may be even more eggs in the follicular fluid. After only 5 eggs the last time, we were very happy with that result. We should hear from the embryologist within the next 2 days to see how the embryos are developing. The doc said that they will attempt to fertilize all eggs, but only the mature ones will be done through ICSI. The eggs that are not quite mature will be surrounded by sperm in the petri dish where they may mature and fertilize later.
We're praying for the embryologist to have steady and skilled hands and works perfectly on our eggs and sperm today!
Monday, June 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad to hear you are home and feeling good. I will keep all kinds or positive thoughts out there for you. I can't wait to hear how things go.
ReplyDeleteDelinah
Ashley, I am so glad you are doing good and that it all went well and 11 eggs retrieved is great. K I am so thinking about you and sending you good vibes k keep us posted.
ReplyDeleteLove ya
Mickele
I'm praying too. Hang in there! Love, Sue
ReplyDeleteI'm praying too - hang in there! Love, Sue
ReplyDelete