Tuesday, September 29, 2009

We're Ready!

So, we are definitely going in on Thursday at 9:00 a.m. to do the egg retrieval. I am so excited and very ready! Tonight Clay is going to give me the HCG shot right at 9:30. This one is a bigger needle and goes in my back hip right into the muscle. They recommend that I take it pretty easy today and tomorrow since my ovaries are getting so large. I can definitely feel it!

Tomorrow I'll be shot free! I'll just start taking the Doxycycline tomorrow night with dinner and fast afterwards. I'll start the progesterone shots Thursday night and continue them for 6-8 weeks (as long as I stay pregnant).

After we leave Thursday we will at least know how many eggs were retrieved. They mix them with a fresh sperm sample, let them fight like crazy to fertilize the eggs and hopefully all of them will turn into viable embryos. The Embryologists will watch them for 5 days and will give us updates along the way. Then we will go in on Tuesday for the transfer. We're hoping for a number of perfect embryos just in case we ever have to go through this again, I can skip the egg harvesting part and just go right to the transfer. That won't happen for awhile since we are positive that this is going to work this time!

1 comment:

  1. I hope tomorrow goes well! Rest is good! Espeically since it is all rainy today - you should just stay in bed and watch shows!

    Delinah

    ReplyDelete